Are you an experienced software engineer with PHP, CI/CD and database knowledge and do you want to take the team to 'the next level' with your experience, coaching and organizational skills? And do you, like us, believe in the power of innovation & teamwork? Are you looking for a job where you have the space to work with your own ideas? Come work as a Software Engineering Team Lead at Akyla (part of Textkernel) in our Enschede office!
As a Team Lead, you lead an enthusiastic team of 8 software developers/engineers to success, growth and technical excellence. You play a crucial role in leading our team. You will not only be responsible for (further) developing software solutions, but also for guiding, coaching and inspiring your colleagues to take their technical skills to the next level. You will work closely with management to define and implement technical strategy and ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
As a hands-on team lead, you are directly involved in the development of software and ensure that the team delivers top quality.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Collaborate with the team and senior management of Textkernel to define and achieve the team vision and goals
- Mentoring and coaching team members to (further) develop their technical skills
- Together with the team, we design, further develop and implement complex software solutions in PHP
- Develop the team by learning from mistakes, removing barriers and implementing best practices
- Jointly ensure compliance with development guidelines and implementation of an efficient and effective CI/CD solution
- Conduct regular 1-on-1 conversations with team members, provide guidance on goals and development plans and actively stimulate their growth
Who are we?
Textkernel is widely regarded as the international leader in providing Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and Semantic Technology that empowers organizations to optimally understand, connect and analyze all their data around people and jobs. Textkernel acquired Akyla in 2022. Akyla is a fast-growing SaaS software company. The close-knit team enjoys working every day on fantastic solutions that help professionals from the payroll and temporary employment sector to better serve their customers and temporary workers. We make a difference for our customers, so our customers can grow significantly faster and more efficiently. We have a flat, transparent and ambitious organizational structure with short lines of communication. Collegiality and helpfulness are characteristic of our culture and are of paramount importance.
Akyla has set 5 priorities for the future, if you say YES we will jointly strive for:
- Becoming the European leader in portals and apps for the temporary employment sector.
- Building high-performance teams with the best people.
- Consistently delivering the best and state-of-art software to our customers.
- Expanding our partnerships to accelerate growth and delivery.
- Becoming a well-known brand for the top 100 European temporary employment and payroll organizations.